Milestone Season X to be taped for PBS in The Caverns, Nov 20-22, 2020
The Caverns, known as The Greatest Show Under Earth, creates a music festival experience with epic 3-day Bluegrass Underground event
Pelham, TN -- Bluegrass Underground announced today the artists for the TV taping of its milestone Season X on PBS. From November 20 through November 22, the Bluegrass Underground PBS TV taping in The Caverns will treat music fans to performances by the finest in roots music and Americana. This special 10th anniversary taping features bonafide legends like Asleep At The Wheel and Blind Boys of Alabama, cutting-edge singer-songwriters Cam and Sam Lewis, harmonious duos Mandolin Orange, Watkins Family Hour and three-time GRAMMY nominated Milk Carton Kids as well as instrumental fireworks from bluegrass phenom, Molly Tuttle, and a surprise act to be announced in the coming weeks.
Jam-packed into one epic weekend of underground concerts, the performances will be captured for the 10th anniversary of the multiple Emmy Award-winning Bluegrass Underground series on PBS. To be at the 3-day live taping event is a music lover’s ultimate experience. The milestone Season X of Bluegrass Underground will premiere in the Spring of 2021 on PBS stations nationwide.
“It's amazing that Bluegrass Underground is the second-longest running music series on American Television,” says Todd Mayo, Bluegrass Underground creator and co-producer. “And we look forward to the next 10 years of partnering with PBS in presenting the quality and diversity of roots music from one of the most iconic music destinations in the world, The Caverns in Grundy County, Tennessee."
3-Day & Single Day Tickets go on sale for the Bluegrass Underground PBS TV Tapings are on sale now at TheCaverns.com
Direct ticket page links:
Bluegrass Underground and The Caverns welcome guests to the rolling hills of Tennessee for a unique, world-renowned combination of top artists, award-winning sound and lighting production, and breathtaking natural beauty. It all creates an underground festival experience like none other.
Bluegrass Underground event features a clean-and-comfortable, fan-friendly environment, complete with high-quality, concessions and beverage offerings, including craft beers.
Stay-and-Cave hotel packages make for a perfect and easy getaway weekend. Packages include the best seats to all tapings, lodging accommodations for two, transportation to and from the venue, food and commemorative merchandise. There is no better way to experience the Bluegrass Underground TV tapings than a Stay-and-Cave package. Packages and tickets are on sale now at TheCaverns.com.
Most important, as it’s been since Bluegrass Underground began in 2008, music remains the main course. Here’s the lineup for Bluegrass Underground Season X PBS TV Taping in The Caverns:
- Molly Tuttle - An artist on the leading edge of bluegrass music, steeped in tradition while driving the genre forward in today’s musical landscape.
- Cam - From a GRAMMY nomination to headlining the Ryman Auditorium, this multi-platinum country singer-songwriter is a force to be reckoned with.
- Asleep At The Wheel - Ray Benson has now been leading a Western Swing band longer than Bob Wills, and he brings his iconic group to The Caverns for their 50th Anniversary Tour. Historic.
- Sam Lewis - Best-known for touring and collaborating with Chris Stapleton (who helped inaugurate Bluegrass Underground in 2008), this singer-songwriter is one of the defining talents of modern Americana.
- The Milk Carton Kids - One of Americana’s best live acts, the duo of singer/guitarists Kenneth Pattengale and Joey Ryan combine close harmonies, wonderful original songs and humor.
- Watkins Family Hour - A rare opportunity to see brother sister duo, Sean and Sara Watkins, as Watkins Family Hour, a project they started in 2002 in Los Angeles to try out some original songs and a few covers that wouldn’t work in Nickel Creek.
- Blind Boys of Alabama - A rousing Sunday in The Caverns with the five-time GRAMMY Award-winning gospel group that helped create the genre.
- Mandolin Orange - Intimate and emotional, the music of multi-instrumental duo Emily Frantz and songwriter Andrew Marlin draws you into their world with a sound that floats like a butterfly, but speaks to the heart.
Tickets & travel packages for the special anniversary Season X taping are on sale now at TheCaverns.com. Past tapings have been almost instant sellouts and tickets are expected to go fast.
Bluegrass Underground is underwritten on PBS by Tennessee Tourism and by Grundy County, TN. The 12 episode series is presented to PBS nationally in partnership with WCTE in Cookeville, TN, which serves the Upper Cumberland and Middle Tennessee.
Three million years in the making, The Caverns welcomes all to the historic Season X taping of the iconic PBS television series, Bluegrass Underground.