Questions About Underground Shows
Common Questions About Shows in The Caverns Underground Music Venue
What's the temperature inside the cave? What should I wear? +
The temperature inside The Caverns is around 59 degrees year-round. It's a comfortable temperature for most, but you are in a cave, so please bring a jacket or a sweater in case you get chilly. In the summertime, the 59 degree temperature makes the cave feels refreshingly cool. In the wintertime, it feels warm and cozy. On hot summer days, it's not uncommon to see people dancing underground in shorts and t-shirts. But during winter months, most people wear long pants and layer up with jackets or sweaters. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes too!
Are there restrooms at The Caverns? +
There are restrooms at The Caverns gift shop and inside the concert venue.
Can I bring my RV, bus or other large vehicle? +
Yes, you can! But for cave shows, we'll need you to park in the amphitheater parking lot and use the footpath to get to the venue. If you plan to stay overnight, you'll need to purchase a car camping pass. Unfortunately, we cannot park an RV in the main lots close to the cave. When you arrive, our parking attendants will direct you.
How far is it from the parking lot to the cave to see the show at The Caverns? +
The underground concert venue is about a 1/4 mile walk from the parking lot along a sloped, gravel path.
I have trouble walking, how can I get inside The Caverns? +
The Caverns consist of naturally formed caves and rock formations. As a result, guests must gain access, on foot, via naturally formed terrain which includes slopes, inclines, and gravel surfaces. If you anticipate that you will be unable to traverse these paths, we will use best efforts to accommodate your needs. Please contact Christy at email@example.com ASAP so we can coordinate with our team to assist you when you arrive. Please coordinate any special needs at least 14 days prior to your event so we can plan accordingly.
May we bring our own chairs for an underground concert? +
Nope. For shows with reserved seating, when you buy your ticket you will receive your specific seat. All our seats have cushions and at The Caverns we know that padded seats make for happy fannies. Many shows are standing-room only without seating. When making a decision about which show you attend, please take note of whether the show has reserved seats or if it's completely a standing-room only show.
At standing-room only shows, you’re welcome to sit on the rocks. If you feel you need a chair, just ask one of our staff members, and we’ll get one for you, but keep in mind your view may be obstructed given others will be standing.
I'm coming for a standing-room only show, but is seating available for me? +
At standing-room only shows, you’re welcome to sit on the rocks. If you feel you need a chair, just ask one of our staff members and we’ll get one for you, but keep in mind your view may be obstructed given others will be standing.
Can I smoke/vape in the cave? +
For the comfort and enjoyment of those around you and our bat friends, we kindly ask you not to smoke/vape once inside the mouth of the cave. We have a smoking area conveniently located just 50 feet from the mouth of the cave, please only smoke/vape here. Thanks for understanding.
I want to get deeper into The Caverns, can I take a cave tour to see the "Wild" sections of the caves? +
I purchased a package, how will I get my up close access for the best views of the stage? +
If you’ve purchased a Yurt Package, Stay & Cave Package, or Deep Dive Package, for shows with reserved seating, we will reserve great seats for you. For standing room only shows, you'll have access to a VIP area close to the stage if offered. Please see your ticket and confirmation email for specific info. Not all shows will offer packages.
What items can I bring in and what items are prohibited at The Caverns? +
The following items are allowed for all events and are subject to search:
Pocketed personal items like keys and phone
Items related to childcare
Small clutch 4.5" x 6.5" (clear not required)
Clear bag that does not exceed 12" x 12" x 6"
Empty poster tube
The following items are explicitly prohibited:
All weapons (with or without a permit)
Audio recording devices (unless special written permission is granted by venue/artist)
Backpacks (over the size limitations above)
Bags (over the size limitations above)
Bladed items of any kind
Cameras with telephoto or removable zoom lenses
Glitter (any items that may be thrown)
Drones or any other remote controlled moving object
Outside food and beverage
Water bottles, including empty CamelBaks
Any other item deemed inappropriate by management/staff
For events lasting over 6 hours, such as a festival, the following exceptions may be made due to guests being on property for longer periods of time:
Empty refillable water bottle < 32oz.
Camel backs/hydration backpacks allowed < 1.5 liquid quarts with 2 pockets or less.
Up to 1 gallon in a factory sealed bottle
The Prohibited items list is subject to change. At the discretion of the General Manager, items may be added to, or removed from the Prohibited Items List. The Caverns may deny entry to, or remove, any individual in possession of Prohibited List items (or any item deemed inappropriate by management/staff), at any time before, during, and after an event. We want everyone to be safe and enjoy the show!
General Frequently Asked Questions
Where is The Caverns? +
God’s country! The GPS address is The Caverns 555 Charlie Roberts Road Pelham TN, 37366.
From Nashville: ake I-24 East for 80 miles, take exit 127 (TN-50 E/US-64 Pelham) at the Stuckeys Store, Continue on TN-50E for 6 miles (when road curves to the left, stay straight), take a left onto Payne Cove Rd, Continue on Payne Cove Rd for 1.5 miles, take a left onto Charlie Roberts Rd, follow Charlie Roberts Rd. for 3 miles to The Caverns.
From Chattanooga: take I-24 W to TN-50 E for 53 miles, take Exit 127 at the Stuckeys Store, Continue on TN-50E for 6 miles (when road curves to the left, stay straight), take a left onto Payne Cove Rd, Continue on Payne Cove Rd for 1.5 miles, take a left onto Charlie Roberts Rd, follow Charlie Roberts Rd. for 3 miles to The Caverns.
From Monteagle: take US-41 N to TN-50 E, Continue on TN-50E for 6 miles (when road curves to the left, stay straight), take a left onto Payne Cove Rd, Continue on Payne Cove Rd for 1.5 miles, take a left onto Charlie Roberts Rd, follow Charlie Roberts Rd. for 3 miles to The Caverns.
From Atlanta: take I-75 N to I-24 W for 168 miles, take exit 127 (TN-50 E/US-64 Pelham) at the Stuckeys Store, Continue on TN-50E for 6 miles (when road curves to the left, stay straight), take a left onto Payne Cove Rd, Continue on Payne Cove Rd for 1.5 miles, take a left onto Charlie Roberts Rd, follow Charlie Roberts Rd. for 3 miles to The Caverns.
Can I access The Caverns by foot on Charlie Roberts Road? +
No, due to safety concerns we will not allow entry to the venue by foot from Charlie Roberts Road. All foot traffic must enter through The Caverns campground and along the venue footpath.
What time zone is The Caverns in? +
We are on Central Time.
What are the COVID-19 policies? +
We recommend you come prepared with your personal Covid-19 PPE that matches your comfort level.
How do I get my concert tickets? +
All tickets are emailed to you. Please print your tickets prior to coming to the venue or have them downloaded or saved to your phone.
I bought a package for a concert, now what? +
You will receive an email from our Package Liaison approximately 30 days prior to your show. If you do not receive this email and you’re within 30 days of the show, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you arrive without any information, please come to Will Call to inquire onsite.
How long are the shows? +
Show lengths vary from show to show but are generally 2-3 hours.
Can I bring food or drinks into the venue? +
You’re welcome to tailgate in the parking lots or camping before your show, but we do not allow any outside food or beverage into the venue. We do offer a wide variety of soft drinks, snacks, beer, wine, premixed cocktails, champagne and more. Food vendors are on-site for most shows. You must be 21 years of age or older and provide valid ID to purchase alcoholic beverages. There is no potable water onsite. We do sell canned water at all concessions areas.
Do you have food & drinks at The Caverns? +
For all concerts, we have food and drinks available for purchase. We have locally-sourced food vendors with rotating menus. We also have a wide range of soft drinks, bottled water, beers, canned wine and canned cocktails available. We are able to take credit cards and cash. We kindly ask you to leave your own food and drink outside of the cave. You can enjoy your munchies and drinks in the parking lot, but no outside food and drinks are allowed inside the music venues. Be sure to show your valid ID at the box office if you’re planning to drink alcohol.
Can I camp at The Caverns after the show? +
Yes! Car camping is available for most shows at The Caverns as a separate ticket. Every car, truck, SUV, minivan or other standard vehicle will need a Car Camping Pass to enter The Caverns’ camping area (think of it like a ticket for your car). For RVs longer than 20', please purchase the amount of camping passes you'll need for your RV to fit (for example, 26" RV, you'll need two camping passes). Everyone entering the camping area must have purchased a ticket for the show that evening. For any questions, email us at email@example.com.
Campsite sizes are roughly 20’x20' and vehicles must fit within the 20x20’ space. You may NOT buy extra campsites around a single vehicle. There is no “per person” camping fee for most shows. So, for example, if you have 3 people coming in one car, you only need 1 Car Camping Pass.
Only “rough” camping is currently available. This means we provide you a 20x20’ flat grassy area for you, your car and your tents. There are port-a-potties, but no potable water available and no electrical or water hookups onsite.
You may have a campfire, but campfire cannot be on the ground. You will need to bring your own above ground fire ring or grill to have a fire, as well as your own fire wood. Please do not start a fire before your show begins. If you do start a fire before your event, it must be completely out when leaving the campground for the show.
Access to the campsite will typically be at 3p CT on the day of your show and all campers must vacate the campsite by 10a CT the following morning unless you have a ticket for the show the next night. You will need a Car Camping Pass for each night you’re staying onsite.
For safety, all foot traffic to The Caverns must go through The Caverns campground and down a footpath to the amphitheater and cave. We will not allow entry to the venue by foot from Charlie Roberts Road.
For frequently asked questions about camping, please visit this webpage.
Are there taxis or ride shares available near The Caverns? +
The Caverns is in a very beautiful but rural area and access to rideshare companies is not possible at this time.
Check out these shuttle providers:
Bigfoot Shuttle Service, 931-488-8652
Perkins Shuttle Service, (615)-200-6439
The Caverns is not officially associated with the vendor listed above. You are using vendors at your own risk.
I have a GiftUp gift card, but I'm having trouble redeeming it for tickets. Can you help? +
We have discontinued our gift card program with GiftUp. If you have a gift card that has not expired, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you redeem it!
Can I bring my dog/goat/parrot? +
Pets are not allowed. If you arrive at the venue with your dog, you will not be permitted entrance. All tickets are non-refundable. We have compiled a list of pet boarding kennels in the vicinity of The Caverns below. We are not affiliated with any of these establishments.
Service Animals: The Caverns welcomes trained service animals in accordance with state and federal guidelines. A trained service animal is individually trained to perform a task(s) or work for a person with a physical or mental disability. Only dogs are accepted as trained service animals. “Service Animal” has a specific meaning under the American with Disabilities Act, an emotional support animal generally will not satisfy this requirement.
The ADA requires that trained service animals be under the control of their handler at all times. Tennessee law requires that dogs over 6 months of age be currently vaccinated against rabies. A service dog that is disruptive or presents a threat to the health or safety of others may be asked to leave the property. The Caverns is in a rural location, if you’d like to submit your information to our service animal portal prior to arrival, it will help us prepare for your arrival and connect you with your service animal should you become separated at any time.
Support Animals and Pets: We love support animals and pets, but we are unable to welcome your support animals and pets to The Caverns. Please leave them at home because they cannot be in the venue and we don’t want any furry friends left in the car. “Service Animal” has a specific meaning under the American with Disabilities Act, an emotional support animal generally will not satisfy this requirement.
- Playful Paws Pet Resort - 116 Winstead Ln, Manchester, TN 37355 - (931) 434-3137
- Paws-E-Tively Purrfect Pet Grooming & Boarding - 312 Ridgewood Dr, Manchester, TN 37355 - (931) 273-1139
- UR Pet’s Home Away From Home Cageless Boarding - 487 W Doak Rd, Manchester, TN 37355 - (931) 247-5771
- Precious Paws Cat and Dog Boarding - 216 River Forge Rd, Manchester, TN 37355 - (931) 273-0387
- Pet Paradise - 201 S Anderson St, Tullahoma, TN 37388 - (931) 454-0999
- Wags and Wiggles - 1660 Decherd Estill Rd, Winchester, TN 37398 - (931) 247-1699
- Animal Care Center, L.L.C. - 1626 Sharp Springs Rd, Winchester, TN 37398 - (931) 967-6345
Can my band or my friends band play at The Caverns? +
We strive to present the highest level of quality music to our patrons. One way we do that is by only working with artists and bands that we have seen live ourselves. We will also often work with booking agents and management that we have a long-standing, working relationship with. With that being said we are also looking for new artists, bands & configurations in all genres. Our team of music lovers often attend regional concerts, music festivals & music industry conferences, we are always on the lookout for a great new artists. You can always contact us via email at email@example.com though we normally only book as described in the process above. Thanks for your support and interest in performing at The Caverns.
Does The Caverns recycle? +
Yes! As a venue inside the Earth, we care very much about the Earth. With the help of Sewanee Mountain Grotto, we are able to recycle aluminum cans at this time. While you're in The Caverns, when you've finished your delicious canned beverages, please drop the cans off in our red recycling bins. Thank you!
Is there wifi at The Caverns? +
Yes, we do have WiFi at The Caverns free for our guests to use. The password is: thecaverns
What about kids? Are they free? +
Kids under 5 are free. For concerts with reserved seating, your child will need to sit in your lap. If your kid is going to sit in a seat, then they need a ticket.
What is the Camera/Photo policy at The Caverns? +
We highly encourage you to take pictures while in the cave of anything you like, but please no flash photography during the show. Please take lots of pictures and post to your social media & share your trip with friends & family. Digital, disposable or 35mm cameras are allowed at The Caverns. Professional cameras with detachable or telephoto lenses are prohibited.
All photos taken on The Caverns property are not be used for resale or commercial use unless a Locations/Property Release has been granted by the venue management. The Caverns reserves the right to reuse all images & video recorded on the property for promotional use with no payment to you.
The Caverns reserves the right to restrict all video and photography based on the request of artists. See your show specific ticket for details about photography at your show.
Flash photography is prohibited during all performances. Unless otherwise posted or announced, videotaping/filming of performances is prohibited at The Caverns except by approved media. Failure to comply may result in ejection from the venue & the property.
Use hashtags “#thecaverns” and/or “#bluegrassunderground” & tag us when possible. Please respect those around & behind you and do not block anyone’s view.
Will I be on TV or Photographed? +
Upon entering The Caverns property for any event or program, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur. By entering the event premises, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, webcasts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by The Caverns and its affiliates, representatives, and lisensees. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar events in the future, and highlight the venue. You release The Caverns and its affiliates, representatives, and licensees its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings. By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, web casting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by The Caverns or the person or entity designated to do so by The Caverns.
Do you offer refunds and what are the conditions of my ticket purchase? +
- No refunds
- No transfers
- All times are subject to change without notice
- All performers are subject to change without notice
- Access to the Caverns requires traversing on foot over rough terrain, wet terrain, and natural surfaces, standing for long periods of time in outdoor environments with extreme heat, sun and cold. The Caverns is a natural structure and is not subject to climate control. Lighting may be limited in certain areas of the property.
- The Caverns reserves the right to prohibit any person from entering onto its property for any reason, including but not limited to: intoxication, suspected intoxication, suspicion of transmittable illness or disease, or any other reason or situation which might cause harm or a risk of harm to The Caverns, its guests, employees, staff or volunteers.
- Prohibited items include: all weapons, oversized bags, outside food and beverage, cans, bottles, alcohol, illegal drugs, laser pens, masks, laptops, musical instruments, video cameras, monopods, tripods, audio recording devices (unless special permission is granted and/or "taper" tickets are offered to the ticket buyer) and cameras with telephoto or removable zoom lenses. Please do not bring selfie sticks, juggling sticks, beach balls, totems/walking sticks, bull horns, noisemakers, fireworks, aerosols, confetti, glitter (any items that may be thrown), hula hoops, drones or any other remote controlled moving object, and anything else management and/or staff deem inappropriate.
- You acknowledge that live concert events and caves may contain risks to your person and/or property and you expressly agree that you accept all risks of bodily injury and property damage arising from or relating to your participation in a live concert event at The Caverns including, but not limited to, contact with other persons, assault, battery, illness, disease, infection, virus, standing for long periods of time on hard surfaces, lighting effects and the risk of seizures and visual impairment therefrom, smoke effects and the risks to breathing therefrom, loud noise and the risk to hearing therefrom, humidity, wet surfaces, slips and/or trips and falls, uncontrolled climate, heat, sun, dehydration, hazards in the path of travel such as rocks, stones, sticks, gravel, and other natural impairments, falling rocks, stones, sticks, branches, fruits and nuts, wild animals, creek and riverbed waters and bottoms, and intoxication.
- You acknowledge and agree that your person and property shall be subject to full security search and analysis at any time and for any reason while you are present at The Caverns and anywhere on the property of The Caverns including, but not limited to, metal detectors, scans, physical pat downs, visual and tactile inspection of your person and property, and any and all other searches by any and all manner and means. The Caverns shall have the right to seize any property its owners, managers, members, employees, agents, staff, volunteers, and contractors reasonably believe could cause a risk of harm to any person on the premises or the premises itself.
- Under Tennessee Code Annotated title 11, chapter 11, an adventure tourism professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in adventure tourism activities resulting from the inherent risks of such activities.
- By purchasing tickets to concerts and events at The Caverns, you are being granted access to The Caverns and its surrounding property in order to participate in spelunking. You acknowledge and accept that there are certain risks in gaining access to and entering The Caverns including but not limited to: uneven terrain, loose and falling rocks, muddy and slippery terrain, wet and hazardous surface areas and low clearance areas. You accept these risks may result in serious injury to yourself and your property, including a risk of death. By completing this purchase, you and all members of your party freely assume and accept all known and unknown risks related to participating in and accessing The Caverns and its surrounding property and assume full responsibility for your participation in events at The Caverns. You further acknowledge that you are physically and mentally capable of all activities involved in gaining access to The Caverns and participating in events at The Caverns. The Caverns and its surrounding property, as a natural cave system, contains risks and hazards, known and unknown. You therefore warrant and represent that you will not depart from designated areas of The Caverns, you will not walk or explore areas outside of the permitted areas, and you will follow the directions and guidance of The Caverns staff at all times. The Caverns makes no warranties or representations as to the safety and accessibility of the natural cave system known as The Caverns or its surrounding property.
- You and all members of your party have read and understand the risk of participating in activities at The Caverns and its surrounding property and hereby release, waive and discharge Loblolly Ventures, LLC, The Farm at Grotto Cove, LLC, 650 Corporation, LLC, Todd Squared, LLC, their officers, employees, principals, directors, agents, contractors, and volunteers from any and all liability resulting from any and all injury, disability, death or loss or damage to personal property. Such release, waiver and discharge by the ticket holder shall extend to the ticket holder's personal representatives, assigns, heirs, or next of kin.
- You and all members of your party grant Loblolly Ventures, LLC, its affiliates, licensees and assigns permission to use your photo or video taken of you at The Caverns in video productions and promotional materials.
I lost something at the show. Do you have a Lost & Found? +
Yes, lost items will be turned in and located at the main concessions area for each event. For underground shows that will be at the main bar and for amphitheater shows that will be at the concessions area in the rear of the venue. You may check with concessions for lost items during the hours of the show. After each show day all Lost & Found items will be taken to The Caverns Gift Shop the following morning. The Caverns Gift Shop opens at 9:00a CT. You may call (931) 516-9724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org about any Lost & Found items. Please note that Lost & Found items will not be kept onsite for more than 30 days and The Caverns is not responsible for lost items. Any item that is confiscated by security or a member of our staff will not be returned. Please review the list of allowed items on our FAQ pages.
I have not found the answer to my questions, can I call someone at The Caverns? +
The Caverns phone # is (931) 516-9724 and we're generally able to answer the phone 7 days a week from 9a to 5p CT.
If we are on the phone with another customer please leave a voicemail or send us an email and we'll get back to you ASAP.
For all ticket related questions, please email email@example.com.
We strive to answer all email and phone inquiries within 48 business hours.