Questions About Underground Shows
Common Questions About Shows in The Caverns Underground Music Venue
What's the temperature inside the cave? What should I wear?
The temperature inside The Caverns is around 59 degrees year-round. It's a comfortable temperature for most, but you are in a cave, so please bring a jacket or a sweater in case you get chilly. In the summertime, the 59 degree temperature makes the cave feels refreshingly cool. In the wintertime, it feels warm and cozy. On hot summer days, it's not uncommon to see people dancing underground in shorts and t-shirts. But during winter months, most people wear long pants and layer up with jackets or sweaters. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes too!
Are there restrooms at The Caverns? +
There are restrooms at The Caverns gift shop and inside the concert venue.
Can I take a piece of the cave home with me? +
God no, that’s just wrong. Shame on you for asking. All kidding aside, caves take tens of thousands to millions of years to form and we ask that you please respect this special space and not touch any formations or rocks.
Can I bring my RV, bus or other large vehicle?
Unfortunately The Caverns does not have the space to hold many large vehicles. You're welcome to bring your car or pickup truck but we ask that you leave your large vehicles at home. Please be sure to take your car home with you after the show no overnight parking is allowed.
How do we get into the cave to see the show at The Caverns? +
The showroom is about a 1/4 mile walk from the parking lot along a gravel path. Once at the cave mouth the walk is not difficult but plan to come a little early if you have difficulty walking. Most guests can do the walk without much trouble. Limited handicap seating is available for most shows. If you need handicap seating, please be sure to select those seats when you purchase tickets.
May we bring our own chairs for an underground concert? +
Nope. For show with reserved seating, when you buy your ticket you will receive your specific seat. All our seats have cushions and at The Caverns we know that padded seats make for happy fannies. Many shows are standing-room only without seating. When making a decision about which show you attend, please take note of whether the show has reserved seats or if it's completely a standing-room only show.
Can I smoke/vape in the cave? +
For the comfort and enjoyment of those around you & our bat friends, we kindly ask you not to smoke/vape once inside the mouth of the cave. We have a smoking area conveniently located just 50 feet from the mouth of the cave, please only smoke/vape here. Thanks for understanding.
I want to get deeper into The Caverns, can I take a cave tour to see the "Wild" sections of the caves? +
I purchased a package, how will I get my up close access for the best views of the stage?
If you’ve purchased a Stay & Cave, Deep Dive or Underground package, for shows with reserved seating, we will reserve great seats for you. For standing room only shows, you'll have access to a VIP area close to the stage. Please see your ticket and confirmation email for specific info. Not all shows will offer packages.
What items can I bring in and what items are prohibited at The Caverns? +
For underground shows, you can bring in the following items:
- Pocketed personal items like your keys and phone, of course
- Small clutch 4.5" x 6.5" (clear not required)
- Clear bag the does not exceed 12” x 12” x 6” (we have clear bags available for sale at the box office)
- Items related to childcare
The following items are explicitly prohibited:
All weapons (with or without a permit)
Audio recording devices (unless special written permission is granted)
Bladed items of any kind
Cameras with telephoto or removable zoom lenses
Glitter (any items that may be thrown)
Drones or any other remote controlled moving object
Outside food and beverage
Any other item deemed inappropriate by management/staff
The Prohibited items list is subject to change. At the discretion of the General Manager, items may be added to, or removed from the Prohibited Items List. The Caverns may deny entry to, or remove, any individual in possession of Prohibited List items (or any item deemed inappropriate by management/staff), at any time before, during, and after an event. We want everyone to be safe and enjoy the show!
General Frequently Asked Questions
Where is The Caverns? +
God’s country! The GPS address is The Caverns 555 Charlie Roberts Road Pelham TN, 37366.
From Nashville: ake I-24 East for 80 miles, take exit 127 (TN-50 E/US-64 Pelham) at the Stuckeys Store, Continue on TN-50E for 6 miles (when road curves to the left, stay straight), take a left onto Payne Cove Rd, Continue on Payne Cove Rd for 1.5 miles, take a left onto Charlie Roberts Rd, follow Charlie Roberts Rd. for 3 miles to The Caverns.
From Chattanooga: take I-24 W to TN-50 E for 53 miles, take Exit 127 at the Stuckeys Store, Continue on TN-50E for 6 miles (when road curves to the left, stay straight), take a left onto Payne Cove Rd, Continue on Payne Cove Rd for 1.5 miles, take a left onto Charlie Roberts Rd, follow Charlie Roberts Rd. for 3 miles to The Caverns.
From Monteagle: take US-41 N to TN-50 E, Continue on TN-50E for 6 miles (when road curves to the left, stay straight), take a left onto Payne Cove Rd, Continue on Payne Cove Rd for 1.5 miles, take a left onto Charlie Roberts Rd, follow Charlie Roberts Rd. for 3 miles to The Caverns.
From Atlanta: take I-75 N to I-24 W for 168 miles, take exit 127 (TN-50 E/US-64 Pelham) at the Stuckeys Store, Continue on TN-50E for 6 miles (when road curves to the left, stay straight), take a left onto Payne Cove Rd, Continue on Payne Cove Rd for 1.5 miles, take a left onto Charlie Roberts Rd, follow Charlie Roberts Rd. for 3 miles to The Caverns.
What time zone is The Caverns in? +
We are on Central Time.
What are the COVID-19 policies? Do I have to show a vaccination card or negative tests, and wear a mask? +
The Caverns works with each artist for each show on potential Covid-19 restrictions. Enhanced Covid protocols may be implemented on a show-by-show basis in partnership with each artist team. We will notify ticket holders via email and post new information on ticket pages when we have updates.
How do I get my concert tickets? +
All tickets are emailed to you. Please print your tickets prior to coming to the venue or have them downloaded or saved to your phone.
I bought a package for a concert, now what? +
You will receive an email from our Package Liaison approximately 30 days prior to your show. If you do not receive this email and you’re within 30 days of the show, please email email@example.com. Your Package Liaison will have all the details you need for your show. If you arrive without any information, please come to Will Call to inquire onsite.
How long are the shows? +
Show lengths vary from show to show but are generally 2-3 hours.
Can I bring food or drinks into the venue?
You’re welcome to tailgate in the parking lots or camping before your show, but we do not allow any outside food or beverage into the venue. We do offer a wide variety of soft drinks, snacks, food, beer, wine, premixed cocktails, champagne and more. In the amphitheater, food trucks will be available for most shows. You must be 21 years of age or older and provide valid ID to purchase alcoholic beverages. There is no potable water onsite. We do sell canned water at all concessions areas.
Do you have food & drinks at The Caverns? +
For all concerts, food and drink are available for purchase. We have locally-sourced sandwiches including a vegetarian option, chips, and snacks available for purchase. We also have a wide range of Coca-Cola products, bottled water, beers, canned wine and canned cocktails available. We are able to take credit cards and cash. We kindly ask you to leave your own food and drink outside of the cave. You can enjoy your munchies and drinks in the parking lot, but no outside food and drinks are allowed inside the music venues. Be sure to show your valid ID at the box office if you’re planning to drink alcohol.
Can I camp at The Caverns after the show?
Car camping is available for most shows at The Caverns as a separate ticket. Every car, truck, SUV, minivan or other standard vehicle will need a Car Camping Pass to enter The Caverns’ camping area (think of it like a ticket for your car). For RVs longer than 20', please purchase the amount of camping passes you'll need for your RV to fit (for example, 26" RV, you'll need two camping passes). For any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campsite sizes are roughly 20’x20' and vehicles must fit within the 20x20’ space. You may NOT buy extra campsites around a single vehicle. There is no “per person” camping fee for most shows. So, for example, if you have 3 people coming in one car, you only need 1 Car Camping Pass.
Only “rough” camping is currently available. This means we provide you a 20x20’ flat grassy area for you, your car and your tents. There are port-a-potties, but no potable water available and no electrical or water hookups onsite. Fire rings are available to rent and firewood is available for purchase on-site. Only campsites with rented fire rings can have a campfire. Everyone entering the camping area must have purchased a ticket for the show that evening.
Access to the campsite will typically be at 3p CT on the day of your show and all campers must vacate the campsite by 10a CT the following morning unless you have a ticket for the show the next night. You will need a Car Camping Pass for each night you’re staying onsite.
I have a GiftUp gift card, but I'm having trouble redeeming it for tickets. Can you help?
Absolutely. There's a known issue with gift cards and pod-based shows/packages, but don't worry. Please reach out to us at email@example.com and we'll help you out!
Can I bring my animal to The Caverns? +
We love animals as much you but unfortunately for the safety and comfort of all guests pets are not allowed at The Caverns. Working service animals are welcome at The Caverns. Service animals must be wearing proper identification and/or individuals must have proof of certification or a license for the service animal. The ADA defines a service animal as any guide dog, signal dog, or other animal individually trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability.
Can my band or my friends band play at The Caverns? +
We strive to present the highest level of quality music to our patrons. One way we do that is by only working with artists and bands that we have seen live ourselves. We will also often work with booking agents and management that we have a long-standing, working relationship with. With that being said we are also looking for new artists, bands & configurations in all genres. Our team of music lovers often attend regional concerts, music festivals & music industry conferences, we are always on the lookout for a great new artists. You can always contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org though we normally only book as described in the process above. Thanks for your support and interest in performing at The Caverns.
Are there taxis or ride shares available near The Caverns? +
The Caverns is in a very beautiful but rural area and access to rideshare companies is not possible at this time. Check out Bigfoot Shuttle Service who can be reached at 931-488-8652
The Caverns is not officially associated with the vendor listed above. You are using vendors at your own risk.
Does The Caverns recycle? +
Yes! As a venue inside the Earth, we care very much about the Earth. With the help of Sewanee Mountain Grotto, we are able to recycle aluminum cans at this time. While you're in The Caverns, when you've finished your delicious canned beverages, please drop the cans off in our red recycling bins. Thank you!
Is there wifi at The Caverns? +
Yes, we do have WiFi at The Caverns free for our guests to use.
What about kids? Are they free? +
For a concert, if your child is under 5 and gonna sit in your lap they are free. But if they are gonna sit in a seat, then they need a ticket.
What is the Camera/Photo policy at The Caverns? +
We highly encourage you to take pictures while in the cave of anything you like, but please no flash photography during the show. Please take lots of pictures and post to your social media & share your trip with friends & family. Digital, disposable or 35mm cameras are allowed at The Caverns. Professional cameras with detachable or telephoto lenses are prohibited.
All photos taken on The Caverns property are not be used for resale or commercial use unless a Locations/Property Release has been granted by the venue management. The Caverns reserves the right to reuse all images & video recorded on the property for promotional use with no payment to you.
The Caverns reserves the right to restrict all video and photography based on the request of artists. See your show specific ticket for details about photography at your show.
Flash photography is prohibited during all performances. Unless otherwise posted or announced, videotaping/filming of performances is prohibited at The Caverns except by approved media. Failure to comply may result in ejection from the venue & the property.
Use hashtags “#thecaverns” and/or “#bluegrassunderground” & tag us when possible. Please respect those around & behind you and do not block anyone’s view.
Will I be on TV or Photographed? +
Upon entering The Caverns property for any event or program, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur. By entering the event premises, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, webcasts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by The Caverns and its affiliates, representatives, and lisensees. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar events in the future, and highlight the venue. You release The Caverns and its affiliates, representatives, and licensees its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings. By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, web casting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by The Caverns or the person or entity designated to do so by The Caverns.
Do you offer refunds and what are the conditions of my ticket purchase?
- No refunds
- No transfers
- All times are subject to change without notice
- All performers are subject to change without notice
- Access to the Caverns requires traversing on foot over rough terrain, wet terrain, and natural surfaces, standing for long periods of time in outdoor environments with extreme heat, sun and cold. The Caverns is a natural structure and is not subject to climate control. Lighting may be limited in certain areas of the property.
- The Caverns reserves the right to prohibit any person from entering onto its property for any reason, including but not limited to: intoxication, suspected intoxication, suspicion of transmittable illness or disease, or any other reason or situation which might cause harm or a risk of harm to The Caverns, its guests, employees, staff or volunteers.
- Prohibited items include: all weapons, oversized bags, outside food and beverage, cans, bottles, alcohol, illegal drugs, laser pens, masks, laptops, musical instruments, video cameras, monopods, tripods, audio recording devices (unless special permission is granted and/or "taper" tickets are offered to the ticket buyer) and cameras with telephoto or removable zoom lenses. Please do not bring selfie sticks, juggling sticks, beach balls, totems/walking sticks, bull horns, noisemakers, fireworks, aerosols, confetti, glitter (any items that may be thrown), hula hoops, drones or any other remote controlled moving object, and anything else management and/or staff deem inappropriate.
- You acknowledge that live concert events and caves may contain risks to your person and/or property and you expressly agree that you accept all risks of bodily injury and property damage arising from or relating to your participation in a live concert event at The Caverns including, but not limited to, contact with other persons, assault, battery, illness, disease, infection, virus, standing for long periods of time on hard surfaces, lighting effects and the risk of seizures and visual impairment therefrom, smoke effects and the risks to breathing therefrom, loud noise and the risk to hearing therefrom, humidity, wet surfaces, slips and/or trips and falls, uncontrolled climate, heat, sun, dehydration, hazards in the path of travel such as rocks, stones, sticks, gravel, and other natural impairments, falling rocks, stones, sticks, branches, fruits and nuts, wild animals, creek and riverbed waters and bottoms, and intoxication.
- You acknowledge and agree that your person and property shall be subject to full security search and analysis at any time and for any reason while you are present at The Caverns and anywhere on the property of The Caverns including, but not limited to, metal detectors, scans, physical pat downs, visual and tactile inspection of your person and property, and any and all other searches by any and all manner and means. The Caverns shall have the right to seize any property its owners, managers, members, employees, agents, staff, volunteers, and contractors reasonably believe could cause a risk of harm to any person on the premises or the premises itself.
- Under Tennessee Code Annotated title 11, chapter 11, an adventure tourism professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in adventure tourism activities resulting from the inherent risks of such activities.
- By purchasing tickets to concerts and events at The Caverns, you are being granted access to The Caverns and its surrounding property in order to participate in spelunking. You acknowledge and accept that there are certain risks in gaining access to and entering The Caverns including but not limited to: uneven terrain, loose and falling rocks, muddy and slippery terrain, wet and hazardous surface areas and low clearance areas. You accept these risks may result in serious injury to yourself and your property, including a risk of death. By completing this purchase, you and all members of your party freely assume and accept all known and unknown risks related to participating in and accessing The Caverns and its surrounding property and assume full responsibility for your participation in events at The Caverns. You further acknowledge that you are physically and mentally capable of all activities involved in gaining access to The Caverns and participating in events at The Caverns. The Caverns and its surrounding property, as a natural cave system, contains risks and hazards, known and unknown. You therefore warrant and represent that you will not depart from designated areas of The Caverns, you will not walk or explore areas outside of the permitted areas, and you will follow the directions and guidance of The Caverns staff at all times. The Caverns makes no warranties or representations as to the safety and accessibility of the natural cave system known as The Caverns or its surrounding property.
- You and all members of your party have read and understand the risk of participating in activities at The Caverns and its surrounding property and hereby release, waive and discharge Loblolly Ventures, LLC, The Farm at Grotto Cove, LLC, 650 Corporation, LLC, Todd Squared, LLC, their officers, employees, principals, directors, agents, contractors, and volunteers from any and all liability resulting from any and all injury, disability, death or loss or damage to personal property. Such release, waiver and discharge by the ticket holder shall extend to the ticket holder's personal representatives, assigns, heirs, or next of kin.
- You and all members of your party grant Loblolly Ventures, LLC, its affiliates, licensees and assigns permission to use your photo or video taken of you at The Caverns in video productions and promotional materials.
I lost something at the show. Do you have a lost and found?
Yes, for all shows the Lost & Found is at concessions. After you leave, if you discover you lost something while you were here, reach out to us at email@example.com.
I have not found the answer to my questions, can I call someone at The Caverns? +
The Caverns phone # is (931) 516-9724 and we're generally able to answer the phone 7 days a week from 9a to 5p CT.
If we are on the phone with another customer please leave a voicemail or send us an email and we'll get back to you ASAP.
For all ticket related questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strive to answer all email and phone inquiries within 48 business hours.