Questions About Cave Tours
Common Questions About The Caverns Cave Tours
Where is The Caverns? +
God’s country! The GPS address is The Caverns 555 Charlie Roberts Road Pelham TN, 37366.
From Nashville: ake I-24 East for 80 miles, take exit 127 (TN-50 E/US-64 Pelham) at the Stuckeys Store, Continue on TN-50E for 6 miles (when road curves to the left, stay straight), take a left onto Payne Cove Rd, Continue on Payne Cove Rd for 1.5 miles, take a left onto Charlie Roberts Rd, follow Charlie Roberts Rd. for 3 miles to The Caverns.
From Chattanooga: take I-24 W to TN-50 E for 53 miles, take Exit 127 at the Stuckeys Store, Continue on TN-50E for 6 miles (when road curves to the left, stay straight), take a left onto Payne Cove Rd, Continue on Payne Cove Rd for 1.5 miles, take a left onto Charlie Roberts Rd, follow Charlie Roberts Rd. for 3 miles to The Caverns.
From Monteagle: take US-41 N to TN-50 E, Continue on TN-50E for 6 miles (when road curves to the left, stay straight), take a left onto Payne Cove Rd, Continue on Payne Cove Rd for 1.5 miles, take a left onto Charlie Roberts Rd, follow Charlie Roberts Rd. for 3 miles to The Caverns.
From Atlanta: take I-75 N to I-24 W for 168 miles, take exit 127 (TN-50 E/US-64 Pelham) at the Stuckeys Store, Continue on TN-50E for 6 miles (when road curves to the left, stay straight), take a left onto Payne Cove Rd, Continue on Payne Cove Rd for 1.5 miles, take a left onto Charlie Roberts Rd, follow Charlie Roberts Rd. for 3 miles to The Caverns.
What precautions are you taking for Coronavirus (COVID-19)? +
The Caverns is following the State of Tennessee's "The Tennessee Pledge" for reopening businesses. We put the health of our patrons and crew as our highest priority. This guidance follows information from the CDC, OSHA and the Tennessee Department of Health. All of our employees will complete a temperature check and a daily self evaluation. Employees will wear a face covering at all times when indoors and/or whenever interacting with patrons.
All cave tours will be limited to 15 people or less. Appropriate social distancing will be used when combining persons or small groups with other non-related or non-associated persons or small groups, even if such a combined group is less than 10 persons.
Doors to all buildings will be open whenever possible to improve ventilation. All surfaces that are touched will be cleaned in between every tour. Surfaces include counter tops, bathroom handles and knobs, hand rails, etc.
The Caverns will provide at no cost hand sanitizer, face masks and gloves for any patron. We strongly recommend that all guests wear a mask on the tour. Patrons will be asked a series of screening questions related to COVID-19 prior to taking any tour. If a patron answers yes to any question they will be asked to leave the premises.
What time zone is The Caverns in? +
We are on Central Time.
What about kids? Are they free? +
For our guided cave tours, age 2 and under are free. We also offer a discounted rate for children 3 to 12 years old.
What's the temperature inside the cave? What should I wear?
The temperature inside The Caverns is around 59 degrees year-round. It's a comfortable temperature for most, but you are in a cave, so please bring a jacket or a sweater in case you get chilly. In the summertime, the 59 degree temperature makes the cave feels refreshingly cool. In the wintertime, it feels warm and cozy. On hot summer days, it's not uncommon to see people dancing underground in shorts and t-shirts. But during winter months, most people wear long pants and layer up with jackets or sweaters. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes too!
How long are the cave tours? +
The Guided Cave Tour is about 1 hr. The Adventure Cave Tour is approximately 3-4 hours.
Are there restrooms at The Caverns? +
There are restrooms at The Caverns gift shop and inside the concert venue.
Can I bring my animal to The Caverns? +
We love animals as much you but unfortunately for the safety and comfort of all guests pets are not allowed at The Caverns. Working service animals are welcome at The Caverns. Service animals must be wearing proper identification and/or individuals must have proof of certification or a license for the service animal. The ADA defines a service animal as any guide dog, signal dog, or other animal individually trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability.
Can I take a piece of the cave home with me? +
God no, that’s just wrong. Shame on you for asking. All kidding aside, caves take tens of thousands to millions of years to form and we ask that you please respect this special space and not touch any formations or rocks.
Do you have food & drinks at The Caverns? +
For our daily cave tours, Coca-Cola products and light snacks are available for purchase inside the gift shop at The Caverns. We take both cash and all major credit cards. We do not take checks.
Does The Caverns recycle? +
Yes! As a venue inside the Earth, we care very much about the Earth. With the help of Sewanee Mountain Grotto, we are able to recycle aluminum cans at this time. While you're in The Caverns, when you've finished your delicious canned beverages, please drop the cans off in our red recycling bins. Thank you!
Can I smoke/vape in the cave? +
For the comfort and enjoyment of those around you & our bat friends, we kindly ask you not to smoke/vape once inside the mouth of the cave. We have a smoking area conveniently located just 50 feet from the mouth of the cave, please only smoke/vape here. Thanks for understanding.
Will I be on TV or Photographed? +
Upon entering The Caverns property for any event or program, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur. By entering the event premises, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, webcasts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by The Caverns and its affiliates, representatives, and lisensees. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar events in the future, and highlight the venue. You release The Caverns and its affiliates, representatives, and licensees its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings. By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, web casting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by The Caverns or the person or entity designated to do so by The Caverns.
Do you offer refunds and what are the conditions of my ticket purchase?
- No refunds
- No transfers
- All times are subject to change without notice
- All performers are subject to change without notice
- Access to the Caverns requires traversing on foot over rough terrain, wet terrain, and natural surfaces, standing for long periods of time in outdoor environments with extreme heat, sun and cold. The Caverns is a natural structure and is not subject to climate control. Lighting may be limited in certain areas of the property.
- The Caverns reserves the right to prohibit any person from entering onto its property for any reason, including but not limited to: intoxication, suspected intoxication, suspicion of transmittable illness or disease, or any other reason or situation which might cause harm or a risk of harm to The Caverns, its guests, employees, staff or volunteers.
- Prohibited items include: all weapons, oversized bags, outside food and beverage, cans, bottles, alcohol, illegal drugs, laser pens, masks, laptops, musical instruments, video cameras, monopods, tripods, audio recording devices (unless special permission is granted and/or "taper" tickets are offered to the ticket buyer) and cameras with telephoto or removable zoom lenses. Please do not bring selfie sticks, juggling sticks, beach balls, totems/walking sticks, bull horns, noisemakers, fireworks, aerosols, confetti, glitter (any items that may be thrown), hula hoops, drones or any other remote controlled moving object, and anything else management and/or staff deem inappropriate.
- You acknowledge that live concert events and caves may contain risks to your person and/or property and you expressly agree that you accept all risks of bodily injury and property damage arising from or relating to your participation in a live concert event at The Caverns including, but not limited to, contact with other persons, assault, battery, illness, disease, infection, virus, standing for long periods of time on hard surfaces, lighting effects and the risk of seizures and visual impairment therefrom, smoke effects and the risks to breathing therefrom, loud noise and the risk to hearing therefrom, humidity, wet surfaces, slips and/or trips and falls, uncontrolled climate, heat, sun, dehydration, hazards in the path of travel such as rocks, stones, sticks, gravel, and other natural impairments, falling rocks, stones, sticks, branches, fruits and nuts, wild animals, creek and riverbed waters and bottoms, and intoxication.
- You acknowledge and agree that your person and property shall be subject to full security search and analysis at any time and for any reason while you are present at The Caverns and anywhere on the property of The Caverns including, but not limited to, metal detectors, scans, physical pat downs, visual and tactile inspection of your person and property, and any and all other searches by any and all manner and means. The Caverns shall have the right to seize any property its owners, managers, members, employees, agents, staff, volunteers, and contractors reasonably believe could cause a risk of harm to any person on the premises or the premises itself.
- Under Tennessee Code Annotated title 11, chapter 11, an adventure tourism professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in adventure tourism activities resulting from the inherent risks of such activities.
- By purchasing tickets to concerts and events at The Caverns, you are being granted access to The Caverns and its surrounding property in order to participate in spelunking. You acknowledge and accept that there are certain risks in gaining access to and entering The Caverns including but not limited to: uneven terrain, loose and falling rocks, muddy and slippery terrain, wet and hazardous surface areas and low clearance areas. You accept these risks may result in serious injury to yourself and your property, including a risk of death. By completing this purchase, you and all members of your party freely assume and accept all known and unknown risks related to participating in and accessing The Caverns and its surrounding property and assume full responsibility for your participation in events at The Caverns. You further acknowledge that you are physically and mentally capable of all activities involved in gaining access to The Caverns and participating in events at The Caverns. The Caverns and its surrounding property, as a natural cave system, contains risks and hazards, known and unknown. You therefore warrant and represent that you will not depart from designated areas of The Caverns, you will not walk or explore areas outside of the permitted areas, and you will follow the directions and guidance of The Caverns staff at all times. The Caverns makes no warranties or representations as to the safety and accessibility of the natural cave system known as The Caverns or its surrounding property.
- You and all members of your party have read and understand the risk of participating in activities at The Caverns and its surrounding property and hereby release, waive and discharge Loblolly Ventures, LLC, The Farm at Grotto Cove, LLC, 650 Corporation, LLC, Todd Squared, LLC, their officers, employees, principals, directors, agents, contractors, and volunteers from any and all liability resulting from any and all injury, disability, death or loss or damage to personal property. Such release, waiver and discharge by the ticket holder shall extend to the ticket holder's personal representatives, assigns, heirs, or next of kin.
- You and all members of your party grant Loblolly Ventures, LLC, its affiliates, licensees and assigns permission to use your photo or video taken of you at The Caverns in video productions and promotional materials.
I'm claustrophobic in some situations. Which tour should I take?
Our Guided Cave Tour leads you through large, dry passages and is suitable for most people. There is no crawling or squeezes. The entire tour is done standing upright. This tour is similar to walking into a room or building and is achievable by most patrons.
For those who are looking for something more exciting we do offer an Adventure Cave Tour. This tour is both mentally and physically strenuous taking patrons through tight squeezes and crawls. We do not recommend this tour for anyone who is claustrophobic. All patrons will be tested prior to taking the tour to ensure they will fit so you do not have to worry about anyone getting stuck inside the passageways.
I want to get deeper into The Caverns, can I take a cave tour to see the "Wild" sections of the caves? +
I have not found the answer to my questions, can I call someone at The Caverns? +
The Caverns phone # is (931) 516-9724 and we're generally able to answer the phone 7 days a week from 9a to 5p CT.
If we are on the phone with another customer please leave a voicemail or send us an email and we'll get back to you ASAP.
For all ticket related questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strive to answer all email and phone inquiries within 48 business hours.